ADSM-L

Resolved: Waiting endlessly for mount points on LTO...

2001-10-12 00:52:00
Subject: Resolved: Waiting endlessly for mount points on LTO...
From: Justin Derrick <jderrick AT CANADA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:13:22 -0400
Well, since all the replies to my original request went to the list,
there's not much need for a digest-format reply.

The solution was exactly as Saud had mentioned - the configuration of the
deviceclass 'generictape' (as it was configured in 3.7.4.0) needed to be
re-created using devtype=LTO and format=Ultrium (or UltriumC).  Thankfully,
there was no existing information on LTO, as it appears that you cannot
update the device TYPE for a deviceclass, only the format used to record
(and surprise surprise, the format 'ultrium' isn't supported with
generictape.  =)

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and replies.

-JD.