ADSM-L

One machine backup solution?

2001-10-11 04:39:05
Subject: One machine backup solution?
From: mrkirra2001 <mrkirra2001 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:34:31 +1000
I seem to recall our TSM consultant telling me sometime in the past, that
there is a special version of TSM that you can purchase which is just for
backing up one machine. That is, the machine it is loaded on with the TSM
server and TSM client and tape drive being all in the one box. Something to
compete with AcrServe I guess.

Anybody got any info on this version? I have checked Tivoli's web site, but
there is nothing obvious. Being the TSM administrator at work, I'm
interested in using TSM on my home machine.

Regards