ADSM-L

Re: Server out of data storage space

2001-10-10 16:37:10
Subject: Re: Server out of data storage space
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:35:20 -0400
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:52:53 -0700, it was written:
>To answer questions. No, nothing on the client has changed at all.
>Compression was on so I decided to turn it off to see what happens tonight.
>I did restart the services to catch these changes.
>
>Here is what the error log shows as it relates to that specified file. It is
>not that big, 3Gb, so it should have went to the disk pool. There was 35gb
>of other files that did not have problems.
>10/03/2001 00:34:26 ANS1228E Sending of object
>'\\cp-its-domapp01\e$\notes\data\bizopsh4.nsf' failed
>10/03/2001 00:34:27 ANS1311E Server out of data storage space

Ah ha! There's the problem. I'll bet a dollar you're backing up data
with the TDP for Notes agent when this donkey derby happens.

If so, there is a bug in the agent software. The agent scans the
target storage pool, but ignores the fact that there is a spillover
pool (most typically, random-access pool migrates to
sequential-storage pool).

The workaround for one of my customers is to create a new management
class that writes directly to tape. The TDP for Notes agent went out
of currency on 9/30/2001, so a bug fix is not likely to come.