ADSM-L

Parallel backup

2001-10-10 04:44:54
Subject: Parallel backup
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:13:37 +0530
> Hi

I want to take the Informix Database backup across 2 tape drives. I  mean to
say that when i run the backup command it should write the data across two
tape drives. I heard it is possible through ADSM ( TSM), just you have to
add additional device to ur data pool. We are using the ADSM 3.7 and ADSM
3.7 version. we are using 3590 tape drive.  We have informix 7.24 UC3
running on AIX 4.3 server. The main aim to take the database backup across 2
tape drive is to reduce the backup & restoration time.  Anybody has
implemented such kind of backup method.

We are using ON-Bar command "onbar -b -w -L 0" and we want to take the
backup by this command as we restore the this database to backup site

Regards

Sachin