ADSM-L

Re: LANFREE-Backup

2001-10-09 10:34:55
Subject: Re: LANFREE-Backup
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:30:50 -0400
Hope you're not set on HP-UX for your LAN-free backups. That is about the
only platform that is not currently supported for SAN/LAN-free. We have a
client that is all HP and the 'word' we got from Tivoli is that SAN/LAN-free
will be in the TSM 5.x version due out 1Q2002. If you look on the TSM
supported platform page where it lists LAN-free, you'll see a '*' beside
them. Looking at the bottom for the '*' it says not supported on HP-UX.