ADSM-L

Re: LANFREE-Backup

2001-10-09 10:07:40
Subject: Re: LANFREE-Backup
From: Jorge Rodriguez <jrodri_duran AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:05:00 -0400

If you are going to implement TSM in a SAN, first you need to know if the TSM Storage Agent is supported in HP an SUN. The Storage Agent is the TSM component wich enables the Lan-Free backup.

There are some considerations about the switchs. If you plan to use LTO Library with McData switchs, there is a special configuration for that, I mean, It4s necessary to buy additional switchs (Mc Data ES-1000) to connect them between the McData Directors and the LTO.

With Brocade Switch there is no problem with LTO Libraries.

Jorge Rodrmguez

Caracas - Venezuela