ADSM-L

macro question

2001-10-08 08:20:09
Subject: macro question
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:17:29 +0200
Hello,

TSM Server 4.1 and AIX Server 4.3.3

We are using TEC to monitor our TSM environment. In TSM there is a
possibility to create a macro called ibmtsm.mac and define your own list
with messages that TSM will send to TEC instead of all messages
(errors,warnings,informationals,and so on).

We are intent to use that ibmtsm.mac macro but there is no information in
the guides about this macro. In the list-arhives I find that after you start
TSM you have to start the macro with macro ibmtsm.mac and you can only stop
it by halting TSM.

I am not familiar with scripts (just a beginner) and now I was wondering how
you can start the macro automatically when TSM is starting and how you can
stop the macro without halting TSM. Can this be done with macro's or
scripts?

Any help is welcome.

Greetings,

Brian Welsh