ADSM-L

Re: Dsmserv format/loadformat problem

2001-10-08 01:58:29
Subject: Re: Dsmserv format/loadformat problem
From: Christo Heu?r <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:00:25 +0200
While we are on the subject of a loadformat/loaddb -

Has anyone actually done this with a larger Tsm DB?
Ours is 32Gig and the loaddb has been running for
more than 20 hours.

The unload took just over an hour - this seems a
bit like an overkill when the db is being reloaded.

Cheers
Christo

> That's correct....
> This below is my log...
> ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 08:47:38 on May 22 2001.
>
> Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
> Version 4, Release 2, Level 0.0
>
> Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
>
> 5698-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999,2001. All rights reserved.
> U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
> restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.
>
> ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
> ANR0300I Recovery log format started; assigned capacity 2000 megabytes.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 4 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 8 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 12 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 16 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 20 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 24 megabytes of 2000.
>
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 1984 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 1988 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 1992 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 1996 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 2000 megabytes of 2000.
> ANR0302I Recovery log formatting took 302143 milliseconds.
> ANR0303I Format rate:  1694.6 pages/second.
> ANR0304I Page service time:     0.6 ms.
> ANR0305I Recovery log format complete.
> ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
> ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
> ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
> ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
> ANR0352I Transaction recovery complete.
> ANR1004I Server formatting complete, database ready for loading.
> ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 08:47:38 on May 22 2001.
>
>         After this you can continue with loaddb.....
>         Hope this help...
>
> regards,
>
> Thida Chintawongvanich
>
> SAP Infrastructure Support Team (SITI-ISPS/31)
> Shell Information Technology International Sdn., Bhd.
> 2340 Century Square
> Jln Ushawan 63000 Cyberjaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
> (Tel : +603 8313 3446 : Fax : +603 251 2788 )
> *Personal EMail : T.chintawongvanich AT shell DOT com

"The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to
receive it.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action
in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Absa is neither liable for the proper, complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication, any
delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free."