ADSM-L

Re: Client Linux and TSM

2001-10-05 14:09:16
Subject: Re: Client Linux and TSM
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:06:28 -0700
I don't know off-hand what the problem is, but some things to check:

1) Do you have more than one TSM server? If so, then verify the
TCPSERVERADDRESS setting on the client side to be sure it is pointing to
the correct TSM server.

2) What is the exact text of the message you are seeing?

3) Is there anything in the client dsmerror.log file that provides any
more information?

4) On the TSM server, run the QUERY STATUS command and verify that it
shows "Availability: Enabled".

5) On the TSM serve,r check the activity log to see if it has any messages
pertaining your Linux client's attempts to connect.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group