ADSM-L

Error during while backing up a 160GB

2001-10-05 13:41:27
Subject: Error during while backing up a 160GB
From: Mike Gell <mgell AT LONDONDRUGS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:38:31 -0700
Hello

This has already been reported to TSM support but I'm curious if someone
else has had a similar problem to the one detailed below?

It is happening on a Win2K clustered server, service pack 1, 6GB of memory
running TSM 3.7.4  When we try to backup a NTFS file (flat file)160GB file
it keeps coming up in an error of

10/05/2001 00:00:16 --- SCHEDULEREC STATUS END
10/05/2001 00:00:16 ANS1028S Internal program error.  Please see your
service representative.

We were told by Tivoli that the server at first did not have enough memory,
but even when we added more memory( 8 Gig!) the same error still comes up.

This most likely is a Microsoft issue, but is anyone else backing up 160+ GB
file on a win2K server via the backup archive client?

Thanks

Mike Gell