ADSM-L

Re: MSSQL TDP 2.2 (cont)

2001-10-04 15:57:08
Subject: Re: MSSQL TDP 2.2 (cont)
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:54:57 -0400
Gerald,

Answering your questions from the web page...

>> The instructions say what to put in the box above but nothing about what
to put in the box below.
>>I think that it should be both in the possible > > owners.
>> What do you think?

Correct.

>> I am also not sure which resources to put in this box.  Any ideas???

This should be the SQL Virtual Server service.
You want the scheduler to be dependant on the
SQL Server so that when it fails over, the scheduler
service will follow it.
See User's Guide, Appendix C, step 8 under
"Dependencies:MARSSQL1 SQL Server 7.0".
These steps need to be followed closely for things
to work correctly.

>> I am sure this is because there is no registry entry for this service
but I can not even get the service to start.  Any ideas???

Try using the command line version of the scheduler service utility
(DSMCUTIL.EXE)
instead of the wizard.

It looks like it is not getting the nodename from the DSM.OPT file
correctly
or the scheduler is pointing to the wrong DSM.OPT file.
Again, please follow the instructions in Appendix C.

If you cannot get this to work, please call service if you haven't
already done so.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Gerald
                    Wichmann             To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <gwichmann@SAN       cc:
                    SIA.COM>             Subject:     MSSQL TDP 2.2 (cont)
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    10/04/2001
                    01:27 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Same problem. We're installing on a windows 2000 clustered server. This
is our first clustered installation and that seems to be the key in the
problems as the documentation in the TDP redbook appears to be
inadequate at explaining the portion where you install the service. i.e.
there are options we're getting that aren't even mentioned in the
redboot and therefore we're unsure what to put there. At any rate, I
have posted screenshots with some questions on our web server as apposed
to including HTML/pics in this list email. I'd appreciate it if anyone
could take a look and offer any comments/help..

http://209.213.209.230/~gwichman/tdpproblem.htm

The basic problem is we can't get the scheduler service to start. We're
assuming this is so because we're not entirely sure what to put in some
of the fields when adding the clustering resource.

Thanks in advance,
Gerald