ADSM-L

Re: tape(s) not mountable

2001-10-04 07:54:39
Subject: Re: tape(s) not mountable
From: Henk ten Have <hthta AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:51:23 +0200
I wrote:

> I have some (strange) tape problems, for example with tape 000401 (AIX
> 4.3.3.0,
> TSM server 4.1.4.1, 3494/3590E:

Last night we also get dozens of "No drives are currently available in library"
and "Mount request denied for volume" messages. The problem was that
volume 000401 was stuck into one drive and that drive was still known as online
and idle in TSM.

So the clue of this story is (as Richard Sims mentioned a long time ago also if
my memory is still works), if you have some silly behavior with mounting of
volumes, check your library and drives first.

Cheers,
Henk.