ADSM-L

Re: Ask again.

2001-10-04 05:19:10
Subject: Re: Ask again.
From: David McClelland <DAVIDMCCLELLAND AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:56:02 +0100
Dwight,

I guess it just depends upon whether you might have a security concern with
hard coding passwords into scripts - this will also cause a problem when a
password expires on the server (the period of which can be set of course)
afterwhich you'll either have to update your password in each one of your
scripts or on your server. It all comes down to how stringent your security
regulations are I guess... With 'passwordaccess generate' in your dsm.sys
you'll never have to faff about again!

Rgds,

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Management Team
Tivoli Storage Management Team
IBM EMEA Technical Centre,
Internet: davidmcclelland AT uk.ibm DOT com