ADSM-L

Scheduling Question

2001-10-03 14:49:47
Subject: Scheduling Question
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:47:54 -0700
When creating schedules, is it just me or is it annoying that you can't
specify more then one parameter in the "day=" parameter? E.G., If I
wanted to have a system to a full backup once a week, and differential
daily (MSSQL TDP), I can specify the once a week Full easily enough by
picking a day and setting day=F or whatever - But for my daily
differential ideally I want it to do that on M,T,W,Th,Sa,Su..  But no
such level of granularity is available. The best I can come up with is
to do my Full SA morning at 02:00 and then set the daily differential
WEEKDAY's at 02:00.. this covers everything but Sunday morning at 02:00
backup.. Which means I need to create a 3rd schedule just to handle
that.

OR make the daily differential also run on the day of a full. Kind of
pointless but wouldn't it be nice if I could set day=M,W,F or something
similar?

What do some of you do with this kind of problem?