ADSM-L

Re: Server out of data storage space

2001-10-03 12:54:33
Subject: Re: Server out of data storage space
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:52:53 -0700
>Years ago there was a problem with communication between the client and
>server.  The client would tell the server the file was a
>certain size and
>then proceed to send a larger file.  Most often happened with
>compressed
>files being compressed again by dsmc (compress yes option).  I
>know this was
>fixed but I don't know if the fix was on the client or on the server.
>
>Did you recently change something on the client?
>Does the dsmerror.log file have the error message? If so, it
>should also
>have an accompanying message indicating which file failed.

To answer questions. No, nothing on the client has changed at all.
Compression was on so I decided to turn it off to see what happens tonight.
I did restart the services to catch these changes.

Here is what the error log shows as it relates to that specified file. It is
not that big, 3Gb, so it should have went to the disk pool. There was 35gb
of other files that did not have problems.
10/03/2001 00:34:26 ANS1228E Sending of object
'\\cp-its-domapp01\e$\notes\data\bizopsh4.nsf' failed
10/03/2001 00:34:27 ANS1311E Server out of data storage space

Hopefully the compression option will fix this. I have noticed some posts
related to compression and was wondering what everyones thoughts were on it.
I have

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer