ADSM-L

Re: OS390 Database

2001-10-02 09:31:17
Subject: Re: OS390 Database
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:33:42 -0400
If you check the ADSM-L archives, I just asked this question, not 2-weeks
ago.

The answer I got back was, basically, DONT DO IT !   One response I got
was, when this was done, TSM DB was trashed and he had to do a complete
restore.

There is a section in the book on how to do this. The basic jist is to
create/format/add the new DB and then do a DELETE of the DB volumes you
want to get rid of (I suggest 1-at-a-time).   TSM will then move the
contents of the DB volumes you are deleting, to other DB volumes in the
"pool".

Make sure you have at least 1 good FULL backup of the DB.
Zoltan Forray
Virginia Commonwealth University
University Computing Center
e-mail: zforray AT vcu DOT edu
voice: 804-828-4807

GERARD PRATO <GPRATO AT BROWARD DOT ORG>
10/02/2001 08:53 AM