ADSM-L

Re: OS390 Database

2001-10-02 09:13:50
Subject: Re: OS390 Database
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:10:31 -0400
Gerard,

 We are running TSM 4.1.4 on OS/390 2.10. In the past we have used FDR to
move the TSM database volumes while TSM was down. We never had any issues
doing this. Just remember that this is an unsupported technique for moving
data base volumes and if you do encounter problems you might be on your own
for recovery.

 Let me know if you have any questions.

 - Brian

                   "GERARD
                   PRATO"               To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                   <GPRATO@BROWA        cc:
                   RD.ORG>              Subject:     OS390 Database
                   Sent by:
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>

                   10/02/01
                   08:53 AM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"

I have a question for OS390 users. I would like to know if I can use HSM to
move TIVOLI database from one disk pack to another disk pack?  Will this
create a problem for TIVOLI. I am currently running TIVOLI 3.7.4 with OS390
R2.10.

Enterprise Software Programmer
Broward County Florida
Mr. Gerard Prato