ADSM-L

Re: script output to text files

2001-09-27 17:07:04
Subject: Re: script output to text files
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:17:54 -0400
What I have made is a script that will collect information on what tapes
that are to recalled from offsite.
The first select is searching through DRMEDIA for VAULTRETRIEVE.
The next 2 are checking for offsite volumes utilized under 30% - I have
space reclamation running nightly so this is just making sure those tapes
will come back without searching waiting for them to end up in DRMEDIA
VAULTRETRIEVE. I needed the 3rd line due to sometimes I was forced to make a
tape unavailable, and offsite is not in the command options.

select volume_name, state, stgpool_name from drmedia where
state='VAULTRETRIEVE'

select volume_name, stgpool_name from volumes where access='OFFSITE' and
pct_utilized<30 and status='FULL'

select volume_name, stgpool_name from volumes where access='UNAVAILABLE' and
pct_utilized<30 and stgpool_name !='ARCHIVEPOOL'

I have to not take the output and paste it to a email for someone to request
these tapes to come back the next day.

What I want to is automatically direct the output to a text file and then
start a batch to email this to the required personal. One less task for me
to do.

I tried the > or >> at the end of these statements with no luck. The other
option that I was given was

dsmadmc -id=XXXX -pa=xxxx macro macroname >outputfilename.txt

Which works great except that the command are also being sent to the text
file. Is there a way to only send the results this way?.