ADSM-L

TSM 4.1.3 on OS/390

2001-09-26 08:09:39
Subject: TSM 4.1.3 on OS/390
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:06:24 -0400
First let me thank everyone for the input. Now I have been doing some
research and here is our situation. The  TAPEIOBUFS parameter is not an
option for us as we are running with STK9840 tape devices which are gen'd
to OS/390 as 3490's and in talking to our performance guru he looked into
this before and said that this could cause us problems.

 I have been doing some research and came across APAR PQ49476 which we
believe may address this problem for us. We are going to apply the
maintenance to a test TSM server today and if all goes well to our
production server this weekend.

 Thanks again for the information. Hope this is helpful.

 Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281