ADSM-L

Valid bar code labels used by TSM again

2001-09-25 04:08:48
Subject: Valid bar code labels used by TSM again
From: Juergen Heinrich <jheinrich AT VERDI-AG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:00:25 +0100
Hi:

Because were was no response to my last email, trying it again.

Our TSM Server is at level 4.1.4 and the OS is Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5.
We are using a ADIC 100 Scalar DLT Library in our TSM environment.

The Library PDF documentation says that the library can handle bar code 39 only.
Regarding to this we have prepared labels for our tapes with a dash in the label
name.
So the bar code label look like:
EF-001 or
NB-040 or
L--001 or
HA-099

Using the onscreen menu of the library all the bar code labels are shown for
each filled slot.

If we are doing the labelling with:

label libv adic100lib search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scr

the TSM server says that the labels cannot be read.

We have looked in the TSM documentation again and have not found any
restrictions regarding
a dash as a symbol in a label name.

Does anyone can help?

Sincerly