ADSM-L

Re: Rif: ANR8302E I/O error cc=422 - Undetermined error

2001-09-24 23:30:38
Subject: Re: Rif: ANR8302E I/O error cc=422 - Undetermined error
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:27:25 +0800
its a problem with media. try cleaning drive first and then audit volume
fix=no to findout if any file damaged. and try to move data again.
thanks and regards
sree,

ProtoTipo srl <protonews AT SACMI DOT IT>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 09/24/2001 18:43:58

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Probably your tape drives need to be cleaned (see APAR IC27618). Try using
the CLEAN DRIVE command.

Stefano Massi
TSM 4.1 Certified Consultant

                    Alan Cheski
                    <acheski@YAHO        Per:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    O.COM>               Cc:
                    Inviato da:          Oggetto:     ANR8302E I/O error
cc=422 -
                    "ADSM: Dist          Undetermined error
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    22/09/2001
                    01.11
                    Per favore,
                    rispondere a
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Help! I am suddenly finding out that we no longer seem
to be able to read files off our tapes if they are on
more than one tape. I receive the ANR8302E error with
cc=422 and description=undetermined error. Of course
cc 422 is not listed in the Messages appendix. When I
do a q content f=d of the tape, the file is in two
segments, one on each tape. I am running ADSM
V3.1.2.50 server on Windows NT. Has anyone come across
this and found a way around it? I have tried move data
and reclamation but any read attempts produce that
error. Anyone know what cc=422 is??

Al Cheski