ADSM-L

Re: Automating Lotus Domino backups

2001-09-21 14:22:59
Subject: Re: Automating Lotus Domino backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:22:41 -0400
> Hi:
> We recently added the Lotus Domina TPA and have been doing backups
> of the db via the GUI. Last night > was our 1st attempt to schedule
> the process, with the resulting error message below. We do pass
> the password in the scheduler but have password=generate in
> the agents option file. Should passing the password be removed from the
scheduled process?

Larry,

You cannot have PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE and use the /ADSMNODE option
on the DOMDSMC command.  The TSM API does not allow it.
It is a security feature built into the TSM API.
If you want to use PASSWORDACCESS=GENERATE, you must code
the NODENAME in the DSM.OPT file.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono