ADSM-L

TDP for oracle maintenance

2001-09-21 11:30:48
Subject: TDP for oracle maintenance
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:31:15 -0700
hi,

There are so many ways to delete the backup piece from RMAN.  First, use
RMAN 'list' command to find out which backup pieces you want to delete.
Then you will have to use 'change ... delete' command.  These commands are
documented in  Rman Reference Guide.  You can download it from Oracle web
site.

The example described in TDPO 2.2 manual is:

run
{
   allocate channel for delete type 'sbt_tape' parms
'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=/orc8/scripts/tdpo.opt)';
   change backupset primary_key_of_the_backuppiece delete;
}

When that delete command is run, RMAN will make calls to TDPO to delete
the backuppieces.  TDPO will mark these backuppieces as expired on the TSM
server.

regards,
Thiha