ADSM-L

Speed up Netware Restore

2001-09-21 01:57:18
Subject: Speed up Netware Restore
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:57:18 +0200
Hello

I am just testing a Netware restore with a AIX Server 3.7 (in a few weeks
4.2) and the client Netware 4.2. My Storage pool is collocate (but not with
filespace).

 I have a new Netware server with in is dsm.opt VIRTUALNODENAME  NOVCC (the
nodename of the client I want to restore ,the original server is not
 connected to the server).

My questions are:
   1. From where is better to run the restore of the entire server (3
volumes: SYS VOL1 APPS) from the gui or online.
   2. What will be the correct syntax from online:    load dsmc res serva\*
servb\*:/  -virtualnodename=nw1  -su=yes
            serva\*       -  original server with all volumes
            servb\*:/     -  target server with all restore volumes when the
/ is for the directories
      Did the syntax is correct ???????

Thanks for your help

Regards Robert Ouzen