ADSM-L

Mac Client Question

2001-09-20 18:36:35
Subject: Mac Client Question
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:38:49 -0700
Hello,
    Does anyone know if the encrypted password file on a Mac will be the
same if I use the same password when setting up the node on the server.
For instance, if I use the password "doghouse" when setting up a new
node, and then copy all of the TSM client files onto a Mac, including a
password file that was generated on a different Mac using the password
"doghouse" will it require the user to input a password?

I'm trying to automate the installation for a macintosh client with
closed registration and alleviate the need for the user to enter the
appropriate password to authenticate onto the server.

Or, better yet, can anyone tell me a better way to automate Mac client
installations?

Thanks in advance,

Luke Dahl
NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory