ADSM-L

Re: Transaction Path

2001-09-18 13:03:55
Subject: Re: Transaction Path
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:04:32 -0400
Quoting Matthew Large <matthew.large AT PHOENIXSM DOT COM>:

> I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but I thought I'd try..
> I'm looking for a diagram which illustrates the path of a transaction
> and it's records through the server.
>
> None of the manuals have quite what I'm looking for, so I was wondering
> if my TSM colleagues around the world have ever needed to represent this
> part of the server. Of course I wouldn't dream of using your work, I'm
> just looking for ideas which may help me explain this process.

There have been SHARE sessions that touch on this sort of thing. I have
a copy of the handout for session 5724/5725 at the February 2001 SHARE
in Long Beach. It includes diagrams for data movement in some types of
transactions. I also have the handouts for session 5726/5727. It does
not have data movement diagrams, but discusses some closely related
topics.