ADSM-L

Re: empty tape question

2001-09-18 09:51:02
Subject: Re: empty tape question
From: "Guan, Phillip" <Guan_P AT VDOT.STATE.VA DOT US>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:47:15 -0400
Hi all,

Just an additional info about our empty tape request problem.

Our empty tape ( not scratch tape ) problem is caused because we don't have
enough space to keep all the tapes inside the 3494 library so we have to
checkout some lastest used tapes outside library and we have to checkin some
scratch tapes everyday for night backup/archive use.

Some one suggested to run a audit library, any idea how long it will take?
We have filled up the tapes in two frames of 3494 with two drivers each.

Thanks for your help!

Phillip