ADSM-L

Re: Defrag Database

2001-09-17 12:42:32
Subject: Re: Defrag Database
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:42:32 -0700
I just had a thought.  If you defined new dbvols and deleted the previous
dbvols, that would move the db data over to the new volume.  Could that
possibly defrag the db at the same time?  I would expect so because the
manual says you can cancel the delete dbvol process, but some of the data
may have moved.  It makes sense to me that this implies it moves db objects,
not just vast tracts of raw dbspace.  Any thoughts?

(Andy? Are you out there? Any chance on developer feedback on this one?)

Alex