ADSM-L

Re: Defining 3584 Library to TSM on AIX

2001-09-14 12:10:23
Subject: Re: Defining 3584 Library to TSM on AIX
From: Jorge Rodrmguez <jrodri_duran AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:10:23 -0400
I know is late, but it can help.

You need to install the ATAPE on the AIX before run cfgmgr. When you install Atape is necessary reboot the machine.

Run the cfgmgr and run the command lsdev -Cc tape, you will see the library /dev/smc0 and the tapes /dev/rmt1, etc.

In this moment the library is ready to use. Define the libray in TSM and the drives, the element of the drives begins in 257 for the first drive.

Jorge Rodriguez
Caracas, Venezuela.