ADSM-L

Re: Restoration of multiple directories through command line?

2001-09-13 08:17:07
Subject: Re: Restoration of multiple directories through command line?
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:17:56 -0400
When I wanted to do this, I wrote a script to run the restore of each
directory/filesystem, but I had to do it one at a time.  The following
would be my script with your filesystems on AIX:

dsmc restore /oracle/stage/ -subdir=yes -inactive -pitd=09/02/01
read NOTHING
dsmc restore /sapmnt/SA2/ -subdir=yes -inactive -pitd=09/02/01
read NOTHING
dsmc restore /oracle/SA2/sapreorg/ -subdir=yes -inactive -pitd=09/02/01
read NOTHING

The "read NOTHING" lines causes the script to pause for input (any
keystroke) so I was able to verify the restore went without problems (on NT
it would be "pause").

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.