ADSM-L

Re: SSA disk configurations

2001-09-13 00:10:28
Subject: Re: SSA disk configurations
From: Robert Clark <res03db2 AT GTE DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:13:09 -0700
I seem to remember that there was an override option to the
command usually used to do the logical remove.

I had to piece a filesystem back together that'd been through
an environemntal cooling failure. The weird part wast that the
fs was relatively intact through it all. No space had been used
yet on the missing disk.

People had been trying to tar up or backup the contents of the
fs, in order to build it again. But most tools don't give a useful
indication of which file(s) have problems.

To find out which file had a hole in it, I used a for loop
that cat'ed each file to /dev/null. There was only one file
that was not complete, so it was a fairly easy fix.

Fun stuff.

[RC]