ADSM-L

Tape Pooling with AIX, SAN, 3494 Library, 3590 drives

2001-09-12 15:47:32
Subject: Tape Pooling with AIX, SAN, 3494 Library, 3590 drives
From: Dan Lee <Dan.Lee AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:45:12 -0500
In lab we are trying to set up two AIX  (TSM 4.2.0.1) Servers that both can
access a 3494 Library that have 2 Fiber attached drives.  We are trying to
set up our servers to share the drives and maintain their own tapes.

In PROD we have 3 TSM Servers (They will be at TSM  4.2.0.1 when we attempt
this) and one physical 3494 Library that houses 15 3590 Drives.  We have
labelled our tapes M1xxxx, M2xxxx, and M3xxxx that correspond to three
logical TSM libraries.      We want to be able to share all of the 3590
drives between the logical libraries without mingling our tapes.    If
anyone is currently doing this please contact me at 402-351-8377

Currently in lab we are trying to set up two AIX  (TSM 4.2.0.1) Servers
that both can access a 3494 Library that have 2 Fiber attached drives.  We
are trying to set up our servers to share the drives and maintain their own
tapes.

Dan Lee
I/S Midrange Services
402-351-8377