ADSM-L

reclaimation pool/volume question.

2001-09-11 15:42:51
Subject: reclaimation pool/volume question.
From: "Guan, Phillip" <Guan_P AT VDOT.STATE.VA DOT US>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:39:54 -0400
Hi all,

We have lots of volumes reclaimed to be 'EMPTY', let's say they are 'v001'
to 'v100', some of them are checked in library.  During the reclamation
process, TSM asks volume 'Vxxx' for reclamation purpose, I found that TSM
seems to pick up the lower-number of the empty volumes which may or may not
be presented in library. Is there a way to let TSM to use the empty volumes
currently in the library or I have to checkin the lower-number of volumes?

If I define a reclamation pool on disk, how do I define the maxsize? Is it
the size of the size of a tape volume (40 or 120G)?
Appreciated any help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Phillip Guan