ADSM-L

passwordaccess -- does it affect scheduled ops?

2001-09-11 09:11:53
Subject: passwordaccess -- does it affect scheduled ops?
From: "Adam J. Boyer" <Adam.J.Boyer AT FRB DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:10:58 -0400
I wanted to limit the number of people who can fire up the TSM GUI on some
NT boxes and start restoring files.  I thought the best way to do this was
to set the passwordaccess option to 'prompt', and then give the password to
only a select few.  My only concern is that this may affect scheduled
operations somehow.  We're using TSM 4.2, and during the client installs,
we had problems starting up the scheduler as an NT service.  This was
"solved" by setting up the scheduler again -- but not changing any
settings.  So, it's kind of finicky.  Anyway, some of these servers with
the TSM client in 'prompt' mode have been rebooted, and still seem to be
backing up fine on their schedules.

So, my question is, does the passwordaccess option affect scheduled
operations at all, or does it just control how one is authenticated when
using the GUI.

many thanks,
adam