ADSM-L

Re: how to backup to a second backuppool?

2001-09-10 18:44:00
Subject: Re: how to backup to a second backuppool?
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 01:45:51 +0300
REGister Node DOmain=<domain2>
DEFine DOMain <domain2>
DEFine POlicyset <domain2>
DEFine MGmtclass <domain2>
DEFine COpygroup <domain2> DESTination=<backuppool2>

This is the easiest way. You can define just new management class(es)
within the current domain, define corresponding copygroups and read
carefully what to specify in dsm.opt !!!
And it is NOT necessary to split the library to have two storage pools.
Just fill it up with scratch volumes and whenever a storage pool needs one
it will grab it marking it private. You can have the library filled with
volumes for the first pool and several minutes later loaded with volumes
only for the second pool. Yes, yes, you will never do it but you can. In
real life you can have for example today 10 volumes for backuppool, 8
volumes for backuppool2 and 22 scratch. And tomorrow they can be 12/22/6.
So you get something like dynamic splitting.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Johnn D. Tan" <jdtan AT MED.CORNELL DOT EDU> on 11.09.2001 00:55:45