ADSM-L

Re: TSM & AIX 5L

2001-09-10 09:10:39
Subject: Re: TSM & AIX 5L
From: David McClelland <DAVIDMCCLELLAND AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:47:18 +0100
Pétur,

Regarding your comment on 'I don't know if Tivoli supports AIX 5L', it
certainly does for TSM. Whereas I understand the BA client version is the
same on 4.3.x and 5.x, there is an entirely different set of AIX 5L lpp's
which ship with TSM Server 4.2, covering the server code itself for 64bit
platforms, as well as device support for both 32 and 64bit.

Rgds,

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Management Team
Tivoli Storage Management Team
IBM EMEA Technical Centre,
Mail Point SGJ3, IBM, North Harbour, Portsmouth PO6 3AU, England
Tel: 02392-56 0218
Mob: 07711 120 931
Internet: davidmcclelland AT uk.ibm DOT com

Pétur Eyþórsson <Peddi AT ITN DOT IS>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 10-09-2001 12:17:43