ADSM-L

Re: Version Key needed????

2001-09-06 20:41:33
Subject: Re: Version Key needed????
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:42:52 +1200
On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 04:48:58PM -0700, Joshua S. Bassi wrote:
> >From what I can tell it is not a bug.  Instead IBM/Tivoli no longer ship
> license files with multiple increments (i.e. 1mgsyslan.lic,
> 5mgsyslan.lic).  Instead there is now just mgsyslan.lic and a flag
> "numberlicenses=the_number" (I think it was) where you indicate how many
> of those licenses you purchased.

It's a bug. APAR IC30965.

The license files have not changed in 4.2. according to the packages.

Suad
--
APAR= IC30965  SER=                            IN INCORROUT
APAR= IC30965  SER=                            IN INCORROUT

Apar Information:

RCOMP= 5698TSMAX    TSM AIX SERVER  RREL= R420
FCOMP=                              PFREL= F     TREL= T

Return Codes:

Applicable Component Level/SU:

Error Description:
The 4.2.0 Server code does not allow any individual license file
to be registered more than once.  For example, any customer
wishing to register only two licenses for lan managed systems is
unable to do so, because the 1mgsyslan.lic file can only be
registered once.
.