ADSM-L

Re: Archival with different retentions?

2001-09-06 11:14:43
Subject: Re: Archival with different retentions?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:16:05 -0400
>This sounds like a good solution.  I was under the belief that when I did
>something like this that the archival process would start rebinding
>previously archivals and therefore change the retention.  But I guess that
>is not true.

Matt - From my notes at http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts :

Archived files, rebinding does not      From the TSM Admin. manual, chapter on
 occur                                  Implementing Policies for Client Data,
                                        topic How Files and Directories Are
                                        Associated with a Management Class:
                                        "Archive copies are never rebound
                                        because each archive operation creates
                                        a different archive copy. Archive copies
                                        remain bound to the management class
                                        name specified when the user archived
                                        them." (Reiterated in the client B/A
                                        manual, under "Binding and Rebinding