ADSM-L

Re: Backup of EMC

2001-09-06 10:14:21
Subject: Re: Backup of EMC
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 16:00:39 +0200
Mahesh,
on NAS boxes like CLARiiON or NETAPP you won't find a backup/archive
client that runs directly on the machine.
To get your backup done just use another machine in your LAN that has
enough network bandwith available to both the NAS box and the TSM
server.
On WinNT you can use the UNC-Name in dsm.opt:
DOMAIN  \\NASBOX\SHARE

With Unix you have to define a mountpoint for the tree you want to
backup. Then you put the mountpoint into your optionfile.

Good luck,
Michael Bartl

Office of Technology, IT Germany/Austria
Cable & Wireless Deutschland GmbH.
Landsberger Str. 155            Tel.: +49 89 92699-806
80687 Muenchen                  Fax.: +49 89 92699-302
mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com     http://www.de.cw.com