ADSM-L

Archival with different retentions?

2001-09-05 15:29:57
Subject: Archival with different retentions?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:31:51 -0400
Hello All,
        As word gets out that we now have a central backup system, some new
requirements have appeared.  In general our NETWARE servers have a FULL
backup, (copymode=absolute), every 2 weeks and a daily incremental.  This is
retained for 45 days.  The financial group wants an ARCHIVE every quarter,
(so they can clear out working files)  that are saved for 15 months, (so
they can go back to there working files if need be).  They also want a year
end ARCHIVE that is saved for 7 years.  I am not sure how to accomplish
this.  I am afraid that if I change the archival RETAIN period back and
forth on the archivegroup that I will end up with a year end archival that
will only be saved for 15 months.  Anybody work this problem out before or
be able to give me their ideas?
Thanks in advance
Matt