ADSM-L

Re: Cannot delete tape in empty status... media state is incorrect

2001-09-03 08:51:37
Subject: Re: Cannot delete tape in empty status... media state is incorrect
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 08:51:33 -0400
Good idea, I hadn't thought of that, although it sounds like "treating the
symptom rather than the cause"... I shouldn't have to resort to that.  So,
I've opened a PMR and have been supplying info to IBM... will keep you
posted when I hear something.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    "Maurice van 't
                    Loo"
                    <maurice@COMPARE To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    .MYWEB.NL>       cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                                     Subject:
                    09/02/01 05:13          Re: Cannot delete tape in empty
status... media state is incorrect
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Did you already try to label the tape again with an 'overwrite=yes' ?

Greetings,
   Maurice