ADSM-L

DELETE VOLUME DISCARDDATA=YES fails

2001-08-31 03:35:23
Subject: DELETE VOLUME DISCARDDATA=YES fails
From: Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen AT FYSIK.DTU DOT DK>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:35:58 +0200
We're running the TSM server v4.1.4.1 on AIX 4.3.3.  I wanted to
remove a disk volume from the primary storage pool, and did a
MOVE DATA first.  However, the server won't allow me to delete
the volume, even with DISCARDDATA=YES, which according to the
manual should force a delete.  The server logs this response:

ANR2017I Administrator ROOT issued command: DELETE VOLUME /var/adsm_buffer/buf
DISCARDDATA=YES
ANR2406E DELETE VOLUME: Volume /var/adsm_buffer/buf still contains data.
ANR2017I Administrator ROOT issued command: ROLLBACK

This seems to disagree with the documented behavior of "DELETE VOLUME".
Strangely, when I inquire the contents of the volume, there seems
to be NO DATA in it:

tsm:> QUERY CONTENT /var/adsm_buffer/buf
ANR2034E QUERY CONTENT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

All of this doesn't make any sense, and I believe this to be a
buggy behavior of the TSM server.  Does anyone know more about
such problems ?

Thanks,
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,
Building 307, DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark