ADSM-L

Re: "ANS1092E No files matching" although file was backed up.

2001-08-30 23:31:45
Subject: Re: "ANS1092E No files matching" although file was backed up.
From: Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:32:03 +0800
try out this.
dsmc q ba /var/adm/perfmgr/daily/gfbdw | grep ericfile

regards
sree.

Eric Winters/Australia/Contr/IBM@IBMAU AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> on 08/30/2001
10:34:26

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Kind People,

I've backed up a file (dsmc sel) but cannot see it (dsmc q ba).

I'm in directory  /var/adm/perfmgr/daily/gfbdw.
My file is the shrewdly named ericfile.
I back the file up with "dsmc sel ericfile" from the AIX command line.
The file backs up successfully.
I enter "dsmc q ba /var/adm/perfmgr/daily/gfbdw/ericfile" and get the
following result.
ANS1092E No files matching search criteria were found.

This directory is in the /var filesystem. Interestingly, I've had no
problem backing up and viewing a similarly named file from every directory
above in the tree ie /var, /var/adm, /var/adm/perfmgr and
/var/adm/perfmgr/daily. The problem only occurs in the final directory.
None of the directories are links or mounts.

I can list other files which have been backed up from this directory, but
none which have been backed up for the last month.

Platform: AIX 4.3
TSM Server: 4.1.4.1
TSM AIX Client: 4.1.3.0

Your assistance in understanding what's going on is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Eric Winters