ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange excludes for the BA-Client

2001-08-30 13:41:40
Subject: TDP for Exchange excludes for the BA-Client
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:37:47 -0400
I've just started working with TDP for Exchange on a Win2K machine. Since
the TDP product is backing up the Microsoft Exchange data it seems logical
to me that the BA client portion should exclude this data for two reasons.
(1) The files are likely open all the time and (2) TDP is already backing
them up. What I would like to know is what excludes you are using for the
BAClient portion. Would "EXCLUDE *:\EXCHSRVR\...\*" seem reasonable or are
there files inside these directories that are not backed up by TDP?

           Al