ADSM-L

Re: CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?

2001-08-30 08:11:23
Subject: Re: CopyStoragePool tapes not expiring?
From: Alan Davenport <alan.davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:08:02 -0400
I've also noticed that empty tapes that are in offsite status will not
release. I run this script once per day to make sure that empty offsite
tapes go to scratch:

Name           Line       Command
               Number
----------     ------     --------------------------------------------------
----------
----------
EMPTYVAUL-     1          upd vol * access=readwrite wherestatus=pending
EMPTYVAUL-     1          upd vol * access=readwrite wherestatus=pending
 TRETURN                   wherestgpool=copyvault whereaccess=offsite
               5          upd vol * access=readwrite wherestatus=empty
                           wherestgpool=copyvault whereaccess=offsite

Make sure you use "WHEREACCESS=OFFSITE", as I am above, when you do a global
vol change. Originally, I was just doing "UPD VOL * ACCESS=READWRITE
WHERESTGPOOL=COPYVAULT WHERESTATUS=EMPTY" and *SM would overflow the console
buffers! By being very specific you do not try to update volumes that are
already in the status you wish.

     Al