ADSM-L

Versions data exist problem

2001-08-29 11:50:00
Subject: Versions data exist problem
From: Cyril Todorov <c.todorov AT SOF.BULBANK DOT BG>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:47:30 +0300
Hi Robin,

Maybe I have to explain more detailed my problem. Initially I configured
copy group to retain 10 versions data exist with 1 versoins deleted.
The data is filelevel backup of Oracle DB. After a crash in the DB our DBA
decided to maintain 20 copies of these files instead of 10. Then I corrected
the values in the fields "Data versions exist" from 10 to 20 end "Versions
data deleted" from 1 to 2 and reactivated the policy. At this moment I had
10 backup versions on the TSM already. After a couple of days I detect
increasing of volume reclamation and when I checked active and inactive
versions for that TSM client  there was only 5 versions. The others was
expired. The client makes backup every night and every file is changing
daily. I expected to found 13-14 versions.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks about wasted time

Cyril Todorov
System Administrator