ADSM-L

Can TSM be a time machine ?

2001-08-29 06:37:55
Subject: Can TSM be a time machine ?
From: Gilles Danan <gdanan AT BACKUPAVENUE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:38:42 +0200
We have seen very strange behavior in the reports given by TSM for past
scheduled backups.
In particular, some node names repeatedly show that the actual start date is
BEFORE the scheduled start date. All clients are in polling mode. We have no
randomization (set to 0).
Other node names never show this (actual start date is past scheduled start
date).

Samples of sql query of the EVENTS table are below.

We have TSM Server 4.1 on AIX, clients are Windows NT or 98, version 4.1.2.0 or
4.1.2.12.

Has anyone out there experienced such things ?

Gilles Danan