ADSM-L

TSM 4.1.3 Server - ExpQuiet Yes problems?

2001-08-29 05:11:41
Subject: TSM 4.1.3 Server - ExpQuiet Yes problems?
From: David McClelland <DAVIDMCCLELLAND AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:13:29 +0100
Hi *TSMers,

Has anyone else come accross this? Since upgrading from 3.7.2/3 to 4.1.3
server on AIX, 'expire inventory' has been spilling out its rather noisy
output into the activity log, even though it is set to be 'quiet'.

The dsmserv.opt has the 'expquiet yes' in there, and a 'q opt' reports that
the TSM server does think it should be being quiet. Bouncing the dsmserv
process, changing to no and yes again have all failed... This has happened
on all of the servers that we've upgraded and also on all that we have
straight installed, and is rather a nuisance as some of our servers have an
awful lof of clients filespaces.

Has anyone else come accross this?

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Management Team
Tivoli Storage Management Team
IBM EMEA Technical Centre,
Mail Point SGJ3, IBM, North Harbour, Portsmouth PO6 3AU, England
Tel: 02392-56 0218
Mob: 07711 120 931
Internet: davidmcclelland AT uk.ibm DOT com

"Page, Jennifer" <JPage AT DAINRAUSCHER DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 28-08-2001
16:57:47