ADSM-L

Re: Slow Restores on Netware

2001-08-28 09:31:32
Subject: Re: Slow Restores on Netware
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:15:55 +0200
As much as I do agree with the shrug issue at times, I fail to see where the
fact that restores take ages is actually connected to the Netware side.

We have exactly the same issue, and with all the "experts" we'v had here
testing it out, not one has been able to point to the Netware side being the
problem, and every one has managed to find problems with the TSM side. Be it
very slow tape access, bad indexing, etc.

I would be wrong to point the finger specifically at the TSM, and would go
as far as to say that TSM and Netware do not quite mesh as Netware and other
backups software do, but that's something I'v been over before on this list.

The slow restores I have on some of my NT servers...do I shrug and say NT ?

And the Unix's ?

Mike