ADSM-L

3494 errors

2001-08-27 05:16:37
Subject: 3494 errors
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:17:41 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
Every now and then I receive the following errors on my TSM server:

MESSAGE: ANR8301E I/O error on library 3494LIB-L1 (OP=005C6D37, SENSE=N/A,
CC=00000026).
MESSAGE: ANR8469E Dismount of 3590 volume 070096 from drive RMT8 (/dev/rmt8)
in library 3494LIB-L1 failed.
MESSAGE: ANR8311E An I/O error occurred while accessing drive RMT8
(/dev/rmt8) for REW operation, errno = 9.

Afterwards, both drives are unavailable, the diskpool fills up to a 100% and
all backups fail.
When I update the drives with the online=yes parameter, migration kicks in
and everything works again.
Can anybody help me with tracking down the cause of this problem? Where can
I find more information about the OP=005C6D37 or CC=00000026?
Thank you very much in advance for you reply!!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.